What am I like?
Practical, thoughtful, creative and hard working.
What do I enjoy?
Using my knowledge, experience and connections to help you achieve your marketing and publicity goals.
What’s my background?
- University degree in Agricultural Science, majoring in marketing.
- 20 years’ editorial expertise for a primary sector customer newsletter.
- Small business marketing and social media.
- Motor vehicle industry marketing and communications.
- Wine sector communications.
- Direct marketing and database management experience.
- Hands-on experience in the events, hospitality and tourism sectors.
- Motorsport publicity, social media and communications.
- Media relations/PR, including media event/accreditation management.
- Small business entrepreneur (cut flower grower).
- Independent publisher and author of middle grade fantasy novels.
- Creator and founder of the online bookstore for New Zealand children’s books, Kiwi Kids Read Kiwi Books.
What are my core skills?
- Customer communications
- Media relations
- Small business marketing strategy and delivery
I established Relish Communications in 2001 and have enjoyed working with a wide variety of organisations and events as a contractor and freelancer over the years, including:
- Fruitfed Supplies, the horticultural division of PGG Wrightson
- New Zealand rally star Hayden Paddon and other motor racing and rally competitors
- Ostler Wine, Nanny Goat Wines (formerly Archangel Wines)
- The Wanaka App
- Otago Polytechnic
- The Auckland On-Water Boat Show and NZ Marine
- Southern Spars
- Air New Zealand
- Rally New Zealand for WRC and NZRC events
- MotorSport New Zealand
Prior to establishing Relish Communications, I held various marketing and communications roles in the PR and direct marketing sectors, and the motor vehicle industry.
I’m not really one for awards and the like, but was proud to be recognised by MotorSport New Zealand as the PR Communicator of the Year in 2018 for my work with rally drivers David Holder and Sloan Cox.